Understanding Application Startup
When OpenFin is launched via
npm run dev, or via an installed application icon, the application startup begins. Locally, it follows the build process. Remotely, it all happens when the user double-clicks the icon.
- Application checks to see if it has the latest OpenFin Runtime (using the OpenfinRVM).
- If so, proceed to step 2.
- If not, update Runtime.
- After the application has the proper Runtime, it looks for your application config and starts your
startup_app. The initial
startup_appis the ServiceManager, within the Finsemble application, that loads within a hidden window.
- See OpenFin's Application Config overview for more details.
- ServiceManager spawns all of our services as hidden HTML windows.
- Once all of the services are ready, the WorkspaceService begins spawning windows.
- Menus are spawned and hidden. They are later moved to the appropriate position when called upon.
- Toolbars are placed on every monitor.
- Workspace is loaded.
- If there are workspaces found in storage, the most recently used workspace is populated on the screen.
- If no workspaces are found, a default workspace is loaded.