These tutorials are organized by section. You don't need to read them all. Simply pick the ones that are relevant to your use case.
If you are new to the library, start here.
- Getting the Library
- Quick Start
- Installing the library with NPM
- Essentials Overview
- Overview of Supported UI Methodologies
- Library Directory Structure
Refer back to this as you read through the documentation.
This section pertains to the chart proper, not the surrounding UI we offer.
- Components of the Chart
- Understanding Chart Styles and Types
- CSS Used by the Chart
- Implementing UI - Menus and Dialogs
- Navigation: How to Use the Chart
Web Components Interface
Overview of the optional UI we provide with the library.
- Introduction to Web Components
- How ChartIQ uses Web Components
- Customizing Web Components: An Example
- Complete list of ChartIQ Web Components
A programmatic overview of how the chart works and how to use it.
- Dates, Times and Timezones
- Range and Span
- Chart State: Importing and Exporting
- Series, Comparisons and Renderers: An explanation of the addSeries() method
- Equations: How to produce real time charts with calculated values
All about data: formatting, organizing, and integrating.
- Chart Data Objects
- Understand the ChartIQ data format
- Understand "periodicity" and "masterData"
- Learn how to initialize a chart with static data
- Data Integration Overview
- CORS - What you need to know about Cross-Origin Resource Sharing
How to customize various aspects of the chart.
- Customization Basics
- Chart Styles and Types: Customizing colors and parameters
- Markers: Adding HTML Elements to a Chart
- Studies: Using and Customizing - An introduction
- Drawings: Using, Customizing and Linking to ToolBars
- Creating Static Charts
- Chart Sharing
- Initializing a chart with additional information
- Custom Color Themes
- Custom Heads Up Display (HUD)
- Customizing Axis and Gridlines
- Controlling borders on volume display
- Advanced Customization: Injection API
Framework Integration and Module Bundling
Information for using ChartIQ with React, Angular, Vue, etc.
Mobile and Desktop Integration
Overview of how to use the chart with mobile and Electron.
- WebViews and HTML5 Containers
- Getting Started on Mobile
- Starting on iOS - Guide to setting up your iOS app using the ChartIQ mobile SDK
- Starting on Android - Guide to setting up your Android app using the ChartIQ mobile SDK
Time Span Events
Troubleshooting and Performance
- Knowledge Base: FAQs and How Do I Make the Chart do ____ ?
- Ensure You're Serving the Latest Version of the Library
- Release Notes
We use JSFiddle to provide a custom run-time environment for experimenting with the ChartIQ library. Pragmatic examples are given for first-hand testing and tweaking, as well as cutting and pasting into your own solution.
Here are some popular examples: