The ChartIQ API reference documents the namespaces, classes, functions, constants, web components, plug-ins, add-ons, and other programming constructs that constitute the ChartIQ library.
The fundamental elements of the library.
- CIQ — Static methods and base namespace.
- CIQ.ChartEngine — The basic chart class. A
ChartEngineobject must be created before any chart operations can be performed.
- CIQ.Renderer — Draws visualizations of time series data.
- CIQ.Drawing — Base class for drawing tools.
- CIQ.I18N — Namespace for the internationalization API.
- CIQ.Marker — DOM object to be managed by a chart. Markers are positoned on the chart by date, tick, or bar.
- CIQ.Market — Class used by the chart to manage market hours for different exchanges.
- CIQ.Studies — Namespace for technical indicators/studies applied to market data.
- quotefeed — Interface that specifies how to implement a chart data feed. See the Data Integration: Considerations and Overview tutorial.
Modules that add powerful capabilities to charts.
Creates an information dashboard with real-time data, informative graphics, and an extensive assortment of tools for fast, in-depth market analysis.
- CIQ.MarketDepth — Adds a market depth plot and order book to the chart.
- CIQ.ChartEngine#drawMarketDepth — Draws a market depth chart.
- cq-orderbook — Displays the order book as a stand-alone element.
Provides analytics on tens of thousands of financial instruments.
- CIQ.AnalystViews — Controller class that assists in the creation and processing of API requests.
- cq-analystviews — Web component that manages the Analyst Views UI.
Estimize (formerly Visual Earnings)
Crowdsources earnings estimates and market expectations.
- CIQ.VisualEarnings — Adds an instance of the Visual Earnings plug-in to the chart.
- CIQ.UI.VisualEarnings — UI helper for managing the Visual Earnings plug-in.
Enables the creation of custom technical indicators (or studies).
- CIQ.Scripting — API calls to process and add a script to the chart.
- cq-scriptiq-editor and cq-scriptiq-menu — Web components that manage the scripting UI.
Provides guidance on the directional outlook of stocks over the short or long term.
- CIQ.TechnicalInsights — Controller class that assists in the creation and processing of Technical Insights API requests.
- cq-technicalinsights — Web component that manages the Technical Insights UI.
Compares financial instruments that share a common time-based characteristic such as maturity date.
- CIQ.TermStructure — Creates a term structure chart.
- CIQ.Renderer.TermStructure — Draws the term structure graph (see CIQ.Renderer).
- cq-curve-comparison — Web component that enables the addition of secondary x-axis elements to cross section charts.
- cq-historical-comparison-dialog — Web component that enables the addition of historical plots to cross section charts.
Time Span Events
Visualizes the relationship of chart data to events that occur over a long period of time.
- CIQ.UI.TimeSpanEvent — UI helper for showing time span event markers on the chart.
- CIQ.Marker.TimeSpanEvent — Creates a time span event marker.
- CIQ.TimeSpanEventPanel — Contains and displays time span events.
Trade from Chart
Enables chart users to place trades directly from their charts.
- CIQ.TFC — Creates and manages the Trade from Chart UI.
- CIQ.Account — Supports placing, modifying, and canceling trade orders.
Classes that interact with the chart to provide new functionality.
- CIQ.ExtendedHours — Displays extended hours data (pre- and post-market sessions).
- CIQ.FullScreen — Adds a full-screen mode to charts, which enlarges the chart to fill the entire display area.
- CIQ.InactivityTimer — Puts the chart into sleep mode when there is no user activity, reducing the polling rate of the quote feed.
- CIQ.RangeSlider — Allows selection of a range of data within the chart data set using an interactive slider.
- CIQ.Shortcuts — Displays a keyboard shortcuts legend in a movable, resizable window.
- CIQ.TableView — Displays the chart data in a table overlaid on the chart.
- CIQ.Tooltip — Adds a floating tooltip as the user mouses over data points on the chart.
- CIQ.Animation — Makes the chart smoothly transition from one price to the next.
- CIQ.ContinuousZoom — Automatically changes chart periodicity when zooming beyond preset thresholds.
- CIQ.Outliers — Scales the y-axis to the main trend of the chart data, hiding outlier values.
- CIQ.PlotComplementer — Enables a series to complement another series primarily for data forecasting.
Tools for building core charting functionality.
- CIQ.Comparison — Provides functionality related to comparison series.
- CIQ.EaseMachine — Makes animation easing easy.
- CIQ.NameValueStore — Interacts with data storage, enabling remote storage of chart settings.
- CIQ.Plotter — Manages and optimizes complex drawing operations on the canvas.
- CIQ.Share — Enables chart sharing and uploading.
- CIQ.ThemeHelper — Loads and manages chart themes.
- CIQ.Visualization — Visually renders data streams; for example, SVG images.
Advanced methods used to modify the functionality of the library kernel.
- CIQ.ChartEngine.AdvancedInjectable — Enables developers to prepend and append custom functionality to any built-in library method.
- $$ — Shorthand for
- $$$ — Functional equivalent of
- registerFDC3 — Function that registers the chart with the FDC3 connector.
User interface elements used in the library sample templates.
- WebComponents — Namespace for all ChartIQ W3C web components.
- CIQ.UI — Namespace for UI helper objects designed to be used with the library web components.
API documentation for the implemented native methods for mobile devices.
- StudyCalculator — Calculates the results of studies applied to market data.